Deduction in respect of donations to certain funds ,charitable institutions,etc
Deduction in respect of donations to certain funds ,charitable institutions,etc(80G)
Deduction u/s 80G is available to all type of assessee’s .Donations given in cash only are available for deduction.
A sum equal to the following donations can be deducted without any qualifying limit
- National Defense Fund.
- Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund(PMNRF).
- Prime Ministers Earthquake Relief Fund.
- Africa Fund.
- National Trust for welfare of persons with Autism ,Cerebral Palsy ,Mental Retardation and multiple disabilities.
- The Chief Ministers Relief Fund or the Lieutenant Governors’ Relief Fund.
- National Illness Assistance Fund.
- The Andhra Pradesh Chief Ministers Cyclone Relief Fund, 1996.
- The Army/Air Force Central Welfare Fund or the Indian Naval Benevolent Fund.
- Any Fund set up a state government to provide Medical Relief to poor’s.
- The National/State Blood Transfusion Council.
- Zila Sakshatra Samiti constituted in any District.
- Any fund set up by the state government of Gujarat, exclusively for providing Relief to the victims of earthquake in Gujarat.
- Maharashtra’s chief ministers earthquake relief fund.
- University/Educational Institute of National Eminence approved by the prescribed authority.
- National Foundation for Communal Harmony.
- Fund for technology development and application, set up by the Central Government.
- National sports fund set up by the Central Government.
Sums equal to 50 % of the following donations are available as deduction without any qualifying limit
- Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund.
- Indhira Gandhi Memorial Trust.
- Rajiv Gandhi Foundation.
- National Children’s Fund.
- Prime Ministers Drought Relief Fund.
A sum equal to the following donations can be deducted up to qualified limit
- Any sum to government or any approved local authority, institution or association to be utilized for promoting family planning
- Any sum paid by a company to the Indian Olympic Association or any other association or institution established in India and as notified by central government for:
- Development of infrastructure for sports and games in India or
- Sponsorship of sports and games in India
Sums equal to 50 % of the following donations are available as deduction up to qualifying limit
- Donation to government or any approved Local Authority, Institution or Association to be utilized for any charitable purpose other than promoting family planning.
- Any other fund or institution which is established in India for a charitable purpose, provided prescribed conditions are satisfied
- Temple, Mosque, Gurudwara, Church or any place notified by the central government in the official gazette to be of historic ,as chronological or artistic importance ,for renovation or repair of such place
- Any corporation established by the central or state government for promoting the interest of the members of a minority community
- Any authority constituted in India by or under any law for satisfying the need for housing accommodation or for the purpose of planning development or improvement of cities, towns and villages or for both